This section of the website has been designed to provide further information on how to search for archival material located within our Archival collections. Members of Archive staff are happy to assist Readers in searching for the materials they might want to use and we are able to arrange individual one-to-one sessions for both staff and students as well.
The majority of our archival catalogues are now available to search online. For the majority of our Archival collections, access to the online version of our finding aids can be found on the University of East London descriptions on the Archives Hub, whilst summaries are also available via AIM25.
We are also pleased to announce that we now have our very own University of East London microsite available on the Archives Hub website. This microsite provides a dedicated search portal to searching our archival collections. please read our blog posting for further details and the direct link can be found below:
- UEL Microsite on the Archives Hub – http://microsites.archiveshub.ac.uk/uel/
The University of East London descriptions at the Archives Hub are available as follows:
- British Olympic Association archive.
- Commonwealth Games Federation archive.
- East London People’s Archive by Eastside Community Heritage.
- Hackney Empire Theatre archive.
- Northern Refugee Centre archive
- Refugee Council Archive.
- University of East London archives; incorporating:
- North East London Polytechnic archive (and other earlier institutions).
The Refugee Council Archive special collection has been catalogued onto the UEL Library Collection Management system and is available to search via our online catalogue, entitled Library Search. Please follow the link below to begin:
- UEL Library Search.
We also hold printed copies of our individual findings aids within the Archive reading rooms and digital copies of these may be available from the Archivist on request.